Thursday 16 May 2013

BOOKS!

Now I have mentioned before how much I LOVE books. In my 25 facts about me post I told you that I have about 233 physical books on my 4 bookshelves. Yep, you heard right. I have FOUR bookshelves! So I thought I might do a little post, delving a little more into my love of books and reading.

So lets start with a photo of, what I like to call, my TBR shelf. These are all the books I have to read still, and that is only the physical copies. I have loads on my Kindle that I still haven't read!



Now there are 45 in that picture, but I have started Divergent by Veronica Roth since I took this picture. So technically, I only have 44 unread books! That still seems so like many to me. I think I have problem...

I've been in a bit of a reading slump for the last few months, and with a lot going on with life and college etc. reading wasn't exactly my first priority. However, in the past week i have read 2 books, which is good for me as I have a lot going on at the moment. I read 'The Fault in our Stars' by John Green, and 'Breath' by Sarah Crossan. I have just started Divergent. (I really dislike the English cover, a LOT)

And so far so good. I am really enjoying it. I do hope that the pace picks up a little more though. Finding it hard to sit down and just read it. I can only seem to manage lots of short bursts at the moment. I don't know why.

I couldn't do a book post, and not mention my Kindle. (That is my fave screen saver by the way!! Yes I did sit and lock and unlock it until that one came up!!)


I was dead set against the Kindle when it first came out. I hated the concept, and thought how would I ever get on with not having a physical book in my hands with physical pages to turn. And then I changed my mind and had to buy one! And now I couldn't imagine not having it in my life. (I think I should name my Kindle, I like naming things! Any suggestions?) It really is amazing how kind of out of date it is now, and I haven't even had it for a year yet. In hindsight, I probably should have waited a little longer before I bought it. I paid £89 for this beauty. And the one that has replaced it is only £69. But hey ho! 

The one thing I would say though, is be wary with the prices of kindle books. I thought they were gonna be a lot cheaper, and should have done my research before buying. But there isn't a huge difference. The main thing for me is the fact that it is small, compact, and a lot easier to carry around than a book. Plus you can carry round several on the Kindle in one go! It is perfect for travelling, when you don't want to have to pack multiple books. It is also good if you are like me, and want a break from your current book. With the Kindle it makes starting a new book possible.

So here is my little ramble about books and my Kindle. If you want me to do any posts related to this one, then feel free to comment and request.

Hope you enjoyed,
xx Sophie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment